Friday, February 29, 2008

Talking Two Year Olds

I know it's not like me to post without a picture (or to have a post with many words at all for that matter) but my kids have been saying some funny things lately that I wanted to share. I am really loving this two year old stage. They are fully communicating, and I love to hear what is going on in their little heads.

Me (while changing Andrew's diaper): "Wow, this is a monster poop!"
Andrew: "No, it's a Sulley* poop!" (*can be replaced at any time with Mike, Randall, or Roz)

Brooke: "I want water please"
I hand her the water bottle
Brooke: "No, I want apple juice"
I go get her apple juice
Brooke: "No, I want a water bottle"
Me (while I hand her the water bottle): "Brooke, you're driving me crazy"
Brooke: "No, I not crazy, I drinking water"

Andrew: "sghioxjcvlknew" (speak your own gibber gabber here) "I talking German"

Brooke (while stacking her dollies up tall): "Look, Mommy, an obelisk!" (I have Little Einsteins to thank for that one)

And probably my most favorite:
Andrew (while giving me a big squeeze): "It's mine Mommy. I love mine Mommy"

9 comments:

Sarah S said...

so cute!! 2-yr-olds are the best. so honest and direct :) I love the pictures in your post below this! it's really fun seeing what you do with three kids 2 and under in a foreign country! :)

Beckie said...

Kids say the cutest things!!! I LOVE IT Especially the it's mine mommy!

Whitney said...

They really are just too cute! I usually hate the word "mine" (my Andrew learned it in Nursery, I'm sure), but if used in that context I could definitely grow to love it!! Can your Andrew teach mine a little lesson across the miles?! They are all so darn cute!

Josh said...

Ashley, your children are so adorable!!! They all look so much like you!!! It looks like you are having so much fun!

jessi said...

It is so great that you are writing all of these things down. I love how literally two year olds take things!

Melissa said...

Too cute. Can hardly wait to see your little ones later this year. . .

Frampton Family said...

Those two are seriously so darn cute! I love to hear stories of things they have said or done.

Kendee said...

That is sooo cute. I love mine Ashely too.

Nicole said...

ah, very cute. It's just sad that they really DO learn how to talk and stop saying all the little phrases they make up. So important to record them!!! These are very sweet.