Somehow, Spring got away from me. As I looked through our pictures over the past month, I realized how much we did right here at home and how much I didn't blog about it. It seemed every day brought on three changes of clothes: cold mornings, hot afternoons and wet rainy evenings. As the days got longer and longer, we filled them up with getting dirty, getting naked and getting creative. Here is a packed collage of our daily May activities (some of the pictures are quite small, but were just too great not to include...click on the collage to see it enlarged):
2) A night-time rain walk
3) My three naked ducks enjoying peanut butter and milk on the counter top
4) The daily thunder and lightning storms fascinated us all. We would sit on our outside porch and just watch (with an occasional dash around the house). This one in particular brought huge hail (and no dashing).
5) Andrew's approach to the blowies was a little bit different than Brooke's. Something about "Kill the weeds!"
6) "Go away, mom. We're just coloring." These two seemed to sense that I needed a little more rest than usual and became much more independent of me and more dependent upon each other, setting up their own games, adventures and activities.
7) Same night-time rain walk
8)The first run through the sprinklers of the season. It wasn't even that warm yet and it didn't last very long...but it was fun.
9) Dragon dress-up
10) The first watermelon of the season: "Does this mean it's summer?!"
11) Twirling with blowies
12) Our strawberries growing
13) Brooke is very serious about her play dough
15) An actual view of our front yard (covered in dandelions, blowies and buttercups). You can actually catch a small glimpse of the freedom our kids enjoy here: hills, barns, yards and bike paths right outside our door. Can you tell why we love Knonau so much?
16) Discovering how much fun mud is after a rain storm
17) Hiding in the sandbox
18) Wet sand is pretty fun too
19) Matthew's love of water and fountains followed right in his sibling's footsteps
20) Chicken man
And my three favorite from the mix:
We also enjoyed a warm day at the beach this month. The water wasn't warm by any means, but that didn't stop these guys:
It was a great month. So many things I'm going to miss about the wonderful place we live seemed to be everywhere: the quiet, the freedom, the safety and the beauty. This place will always be special to us; where our "baby Matthew" turned into a talking toddler and where Brooke and Andrew changed from talking toddlers into big kids.