Sunday, May 11, 2008

Disneyland Paris

It was another three-day weekend in Switzerland and we took advantage by taking the kids to Disneyland Paris. It was well worth the 6 1/2 hour drive, sleep deprivation and insane amount of money (9 Euro chicken nuggets!), the kids loved it, and we loved seeing it through their eyes.


Adventureland


Fantasyland and Discoveryland

Highlights:
  • Timon giving Brooke a big kiss at the Lion King show
  • Riding the Buzz Lightyear ride 7 times (thanks to the Fast Pass!)
  • Brooke and Andrew driving their own car (a little dangerous when they can't see over the steering wheel)
  • Matthew at full attention in It's a Small World
  • Conquering fears at the Pirate Ship playground
  • Hugging all our favorite Disney characters (Mary Poppins, Mickey Mouse, the kangaroos (what they kept calling Chip and Dale))
  • The Queen of Hearts stealing Andrew's Mickey Mouse suckers


The last day we headed into Paris to see where Remy (from Ratatouille) lives. We didn't do much more than chase pigeons, eat baguette sandwiches and enjoy the view.

5 comments:

Sarah S said...

Ashley, that looks SO SO fun!! I think you should write a book about what to do in Europe as an American family living there for a few years... those pictures are great.

likeschocolate said...

Love the photo. I am glad that you had so much fun. It makes me want to go to Paris. I think my boys would love the pirate ship

Alisha said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Amy Simiskey's so I check out your blog every so often. I'm actually 6 months preggers with boy/girl twins. Your kids are adorable & I'm absolutely envious of your time in Europe-- I would love to do that. Anyway, feel free to email me with any twin tips you have! I need all of the help I can get! saoldroyd@gmail.com. Thanks!

Em said...

Looks like a blast! I love the eiffel tower shot. Cute! Let's head there together before the twins turn 3!

Nicole said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Do you guys live it up or what? We're planning on heading to Disney World in October...but after seeing YOUR pics it doesn't seem so amazing anymore. Way to take advantage of where you are. I love it.

And Paris "to see where Remy lives"....ha ha ha! I'd be pleased with a baguette too.