Friday, March 27, 2009

for the past 14 weeks...

a few people have told me that each pregnancy gets a little harder: maybe it's age, maybe it's that other little ones require so much care and energy, maybe they just do. regardless the reason, this pregnancy is nothing like my other two were. i blame the nausea on the killer flu bug i had the entire first month, but the pure exhaustion seems endless. it is miraculous that my kids get clothed and fed everyday and that i scrounge together the 6 fulls meals i have to eat everyday. multiple times i have referred to myself as a waste of a human being (besides the incredible miracle in my belly, of course). despite it all, here are a few things i manage to do every day, without fail:

poke a straw through three vanilla yogurts (instant yogurt drink for little fingers)
change at least one stinky diaper
empty a fully kiddie potty (this is more like 10 times a day)
take a nap
eat cottage cheese
drink a dr. pepper
take a prenatal vitamin
put on at least one movie
read stories with matthew
tickle andrew
dance princess songs with brooke
hug and kiss all three of my babies
tell my husband i love him

and here are a few things that i don't do everyday anymore:
get dressed
get my kids dressed
shower
leave the house
check my email (apologies to everyone that i still have not responded to)
do the dishes
pick up the toys

i'm hopeful that the 2nd trimester will bring more energy, but as my swiss doctor so blatantly puts it: "you have three kids and are pregnant. you may be tired for the rest of your life." his pluses are he was able to discover the gender at only 12 weeks. here are some pics of our little baby boy:

9 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

oops. . .i accidentally deleted my comment.
anyway, i always say that if i didn't have to be pregnant i would have a million babies. and i hate to break it to you, but your doctor is right. . .with 4 i am in a constant state of exhaustion. still loving it, though.

likeschocolate said...

My children are spread much farther apart than yours and I am always tired. However, I think each pregnancy does get harder. Who cares if you don't get dressed everyday.

jessi said...

I just had some food poisoning a few weeks ago and it reminded me exactly of being pregnant. It was a reminder of what we certainly don't look forward to with 1st and sometimes also 2nd semester pregnancy. Keep surviving and eating lots of cottage cheese as long as that is what tastes good to you! Great to hear that you are having a baby boy!

Alyson said...

You may be tired for the rest of your life. Actually, things get better when the eldest is old enough to babysit! Look forward to it in...eight more years. ;)

You'll be getting dressed and showering for the rest of your life, it's A-OK to let it slide a little now.

Sarah S said...

Oh Ashley!! At least you're in a different country - who cares if you don't shower every day? :) Or get dressed. I think I wore my pink sweats 80% of the time with the pregnancy with Charlie.

Congrats on another boy!! How exciting. Sorry to Brooke since she's outnumbered, but your relationship with your only girl will be so special. I love little boys!! I'm excited you're having another.

I hope you feel better soon.

Frampton Family said...

Oh Ashley, I wish I was there to help out. I would be over to your house in a heartbeat. I love that you stay in your P.J's all day. I don't even have kids and do that sometimes.Lol. I miss seeing you with your cute kids. Just think, you're going to have another Andrew and Matthew. Life can't any better than this hu? I can't wait to see the new babe. I would love to catch up with you. Josh accidentlly erased all our Skype contacts, so email me. Miss you!

Freckles said...

I'm sorry this one is harder for you, I hope things get better. I'm in the same boat, I don't shower or get dressed anymore either! haha Nicole doesn't like to sleep much at night and now has an ear infection! Hang in there! You're such a good mom though to still play with your kids and make time for them even though you're tired!

Em said...

A beautiful baby boy on the way! Congrats! Wish you were here or I was there so I could take the kids for awhile and you could sleep and takes lots of baths... at least that's what I need while I'm expecting. We are thinking of you.... Love, The Jenkins