Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Salzburg, Austria

We spent New Year's Eve in Salzburg, watching the Sound of Music in our hotel room due to food poisoning. Fortunately, we were on the 10th floor and had a great view of the fireworks, which was better than any 4th of July we've seen. The show lasted about six hours, with people shooting off fireworks (most of which would be highly-illegal in the U.S.) out of hotel windows and off rooftops in every direction.

When we finally made it out into town, we found adorable shops and of course, more Christmas ornaments! Fortunately, everything was closed on New Year's Day.

5 comments:

Sarah S said...

Sorry about the food poisoning!! Your posts are totally making me want to come visit you... but trying to get Eli back on some sort of schedule after being just two time zones away makes me apprehensive about going further away... but it is SO tempting!

Melissa said...

I am so happy you guys are taking advantage of your many travel options! Everywhere you go looks beautiful and for the record, I would have bought a ton of that pottery, too. It is beautiful!
Hope you all are feeling better!

Beckie said...

so fun! I just LOVE visiting all these places through you! I Agree with sarah, it REALLY makes me want to come and visit (especially since I have NEVER left the country!)

Suzanne said...

Well it's offical. You guys have the best life ever, hands down. Glad you had a safe and happy holiday. Neat pictures!

Frampton Family said...

Oh my goodness! You guys look like you had a great Christmas. I love all the pictures. Didn't you just love Poland?! It's a long drive, but it's well worth it for the amazing pottery. And I love every single piece that you bought. I feel as thought I haven't seen you in forever. We'll have to get together soon!

Janelle